- DO: Use the right detergent. Sport-specific detergents such as Roux Maison (eco-friendly & BPA -free) help to eliminate odour and protect the Lycra and Polyester.
- DO: Turn pants inside-out when washing to ensure removal of sweat stains from the interior and to help keep the exterior pristine.
- DO: Use cold water. You should do this with all your activewear garments to prevent them from shrinking and the materials breaking down.
- DO: Remove stains safely - if you happen to get a stain from something other than sweat: Use three parts baking soda to one part water, rub the paste on the stain, and let it sit for 10-20 minutes before blotting it with a warm, damp towel. Then wash (with cold water, inside-out, no fabric softener).
- DON'T: Use too much detergent, as excess detergent can create a perfect environment for fungal growth, which can lead to a mildew-type odor.
- DON'T: Use fabric softener, as fabric softener:
- A) Coats the clothing, which can trap unpleasant smells.
- B) Coating can build up over time and damage fabric.
- C) Fabric softener inhibits the moisture-wicking technology of our garments.
- DON'T: Use the dryer to dry your clothes - air dry them only. This prevents pilling, melting of graphics and decoration dulling.